Radiation--Week 6: August 25-29, 2014

Radiation--Week 6:  August 25-29, 2014

Monday, August 25, 2014
Today, I had my 23rd radiation treatment.  Needless to say, I'm very much over getting radiation every morning.  My skin is truly getting very sensitive and not recovering as quickly.  Granted, I realize I am very fortunate to have had so little side effects compared to many other people out there; but it is getting quite painful.  The most painful area at this time is directly beneath my left breast and down my abdomen.  I have a scar from my fill port when I had expanders on my rib in this area, and it's very tender.  The radiation is really irritating it.  I filled my prescription that was given to me to help my skin heal, and it does help a lot.  I wish it had been given to me much sooner.  The cream is called Silvadene.  I recommend asking for this before you see radiation burns on your skin if your doctor will call it in for you.

The photos below are marked 25 of 34; however, they are my 23rd treatment.   I confused the date with the treatment number!





 
 
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Today was radiation number 24.  I didn't take photos this evening as my skin looks identical to the photos from yesterday.  I don't have much to report besides I'm really tired of doing this.  After today, I only have 4 more radiation treatments left that target the large "box" area.  The final six after that will be the scar on my left breast only.  So, while I won't be completely done as of this coming Tuesday, it's a milestone, and I'm getting very close! 

Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Today, after treatment 25, I began noticing that my skin is truly flaking off in the area between my breasts and along the top of my left breast.  It's as if I had a very bad sunburn, and the dead skin is peeling off.  It's pretty gross as it rolls off like black dirt. It really looks like I simply had a layer of dirt on me that was coming off in gross layers.  It didn't hurt when it came off, and it actually made my skin look better.  The area between my breast is not tender anymore, but the area beneath my left breast is extremely sensitive.  Only a few more left on the full area!

The photos below are marked 27 of 34; but I again screwed up when putting the text on the photos.  These are actually 25 of 34.  Also, ignore the black markings on my skin.  I was marked today preparing for my radiation that targets the scar area only. 





Thursday, August 28, 2014
Today was treatment 26.  Only two more full area treatments after today.  I can see the light at the end of this!  More skin is peeling off between my breasts.  It's really gross and still looks I have a layer of dirt on my skin.  I'm a bit OCD, so it's making me nuts! 

The photos below were after today's treatment:  26 of 34.  Again, I marked them wrong!



Friday, August 29, 2014
Today is my next to last full radiation treatment!  I won't have radiation on Monday due to Labor Day; so I get a three day break for my skin to heal up a little.  As you can see in the photos above, my skin needs a small break.  It's very sore!  I don't have photos from today as I was extremely busy all evening preparing for my birthday party cookout we are having at my house tomorrow night.  I didn't get to celebrate turning 40 last year, and I have so much to celebrate this year.  So I plan to celebrate double this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Visited Posts