Radiation--Week 7: September 2-5, 2014

Radiation--Week 7:  September 2-5, 2014

Monday, September 1, 2014
I did not have treatment today since it's Labor Day.  Yay!  A day off!  However, I wanted to say I had an absolutely fabulous weekend.  On Saturday, August 30, I turned 41 years young.  I had a party at my house, and it was quite an enjoyable celebration with my friends and family.  I am truly blessed to have so many people in my life who love me!  I've included a few photos from my party below. 







Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Today was my 28th radiation treatment, and my last full area treatment!  I can't even begin to explain how happy I am to have completed this portion of my radiation.  The areas that are the most sensitive and hurt the most are areas that will no longer be radiated after today, so they can now begin healing without any further damage.  I feel so very blessed to have made it so far with so little side effects.  Today, she set up the machine for my next 6 treatments, which will target the scar only on my left breast.  These 6 treatments will complete my radiation, and I can officially close this chapter of my life!







Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Today, I had my 29th of 34 treatments. As you will see from the photos below, my skin is really dried out and beginning to peel off in earnest.  It's  mostly all peeled off and revealed smooth, new skin between my breasts.  I'm having issues under my arm and beneath my breast now.  Thankfully, I'm done getting radiation in these areas so it can truly begin to heal now.  The radiation I am getting now only targets the scar across my left breast. 






 

Thursday, September 4, 2014
Today, I finished up 30 of 34 treatments.  I have finally reached the 30's, which means I'm almost done!  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!  My skin is still very red in some areas and just a very ugly brown and peeling in others.  It's still sore, but it definitely feels better than it did.  I look like I worshiped the tanning bed way too much! 







Friday, September 5, 2014
I have completed my LAST Friday doing radiation treatment!  Whoop Whoop!!  Today, I finished 31 of 34 treatments.  I can't even begin to say how excited I am to almost be done with this!  The photos below show how my skin is all turning very brown.  Almost all of the redness has calmed down, and my skin just looks like it's peeling/dead from a very bad sunburn or even like I was burned in a fire.  I use a washcloth in the shower each day and gently rub it across the skin so it will peel off.  It's helping to keep all the dead skin off me and reveal the new skin.  It also keeps me from wanting to pick at it!  I'm not nearly as sore as I was prior to finishing up the full area treatments, and I am so glad for that.  It was truly starting to hurt!  I only have three more left Monday through Wednesday of next week.  Bring it!  I'm ready to be done with radiation!





1 comment:

  1. You're 41? Wow. You are beautiful, and courageous about sharing this journey. Although I hate cancer, and how it has changed me and other people who are diagnosed, I am proud to be a survivor. Congrats on conquering radiation! One step closer!

    ReplyDelete

Most Visited Posts