Makeup Tips For Chemo Patients

Makeup Tips

I have completed 12 treatments of Taxol.  I will be starting AC soon.  One of the hardest things to accept about being a breast cancer patient is the way in which Chemo affects your appearance.  You lose your hair, so you get wigs to cover that up.   As if that's not bad enough, you eventually lose your eyebrows.  Finally, your eyelashes may fall out too.  Nothing says sick or cancer like not having eyebrows or eyelashes.  I have found a few makeup tips that are very helpful for those going through treatment, and I wanted to share them with other patients who are trying to maintain a normal appearance!

EYEBROWS

While I kept my eyebrows tidy and neat, I did not take the time to fill them in or fuss with them.  That was a step I simply didn't have time for.  Now that I've lost the majority of my eyebrows, I spend more time on my eyebrows than I do any other area of makeup.  It's not exactly my favorite thing to do; but it's necessary if I don't want to look "sick".  Before I lost my eyebrows, I went to the Sephora store looking for an eyebrow editor kit.  I knew when I walked in I didn't just want an eyebrow pencil.  I felt drawn on eyebrows looked fake.  I had watched several YouTube tutorials on how to do eyebrows (search for chemo patients and eyebrow makeup tips) to learn how to do it, and one thing I quickly found is eyebrows that looked best were done with a filler powder/gel followed by an eyebrow pencil to draw in a few fake hairs.  I use the pencil itself very little as, to me, it looks too fake.  I purchased some of the eyebrow stencils that have that awesome arch you see on all the models.  I do not recommend this.  It doesn't fit my face, and it doesn't look natural.  I have found that sought after arch doesn't suit my face at all.  Therefore, I have stuck to my natural shape of my brows.

I purchased the Sephora Eyebrow Editor Brow Kit.

The kit comes with an eyebrow brush, but I purchased a regular sized one as I found it easier to handle (the one that comes with the kit is very short).

I purchased this eyebrow brush.

EYELASHES

When I went to Sephora, I purchased a set of false eyelashes, an eyelash applicator, and a smaller eyelash curler to prepare for when I lost my eyelashes.  I have never worn false eyelashes, but I will if it comes to that.  I hope it doesn't.  Not everyone loses their eyelashes completely.  Sometimes they just thin.  At this point, mine are thinner than they previously were; and strangely enough, they are becoming more and more blonde.  I don't know why, but it's as if the chemo is affecting the color pigments in what little hair I have left.  While I've lost my hair, I have sparse hair on my head that is continuing to grow; but it's patchy.  However, it's blonde.  My hair was very dark brown before.  My eyelashes are doing the same thing.  So, when I don't have any makeup on, it looks as if I have no eyelashes now.  They are hard to see.  They are thinner and not as long now as well.  Regular mascara did okay, but they were still hard to see with regular mascara.

I was contacted for friend on Facebook last week when I posted a status about having a difficult time feeling beautiful and it becoming more and more difficult to do my makeup and hide the ravages of chemo.  She is an Independent Presenter for Younique Products.  They have a mascara line that is absolutely amazing!  This 3D mascara builds 3D fibers on top of your own lashes to lengthen an magnify your lashes.  I highly recommend this mascara if you're experiencing loss or thinning of lashes.  I have posted photos below of my before and after usage of this mascara.

I used the Moodstuck 3D Mascara.--This link will take you to Lindsay's page for this mascara.  Please be sure to tell her you ordered based on my blog!

My eyes with no mascara or eyeliner



My eyes with no mascara but with eyeliner.



My eyes with regular mascara and eyeliner



MY EYES WITH YOUNIQUE 3D FIBER MASCARA AND EYELINER


5 comments:

  1. If you have Herpes in your whole body such as fever blisters, hsv, or roofing shingles you know what it is like to stay with the pain and discomfort that herpes delivers. I don't need to tell you how awesome it would be to find something that works so well that you no longer need to fear about stress or outbreak,Dr Itua herbal medicine cure my herpes in two weeks of taking it.is genuine and natural herbal medicine it has no side effect, The reason I'm writing this is that I promised Dr Itua I will share his herbal work to the world to see Herpes is no more a big deal.also Dr Itua can as well cure the following diseases...HIV,Hsv 1/2,Hepatitis B,Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer,Leukuemia Cancer,Lung Cancer,Brain CANCER,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Diabetes, Men/Woman Infertility, Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Facator V Leiden Mutation , Lottery Spell,Copd, Shingles,Fibroid, Fibromyalgia, Liver/Kidney Inflamotry, Epilepsy,Hpv,Weak Erection,Wart Remover,Cold Sore, Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic Asthma. Here His Contact...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. Whatsapp Phone.+2348149277976. I paid for his herbal medicine and sent it to me through Courier Service which I pick it urgently and used.

    ReplyDelete


  2. Am jeremiah, I am testifying about a great hebal man that cured my wife of KIDNEY FAILURE AND hepatitis B and liver cirhosis. his name is Dr oniha. My wife was diagnose of hepatities two years ago, i almost spent all i had then, until i saw dr oniha recommendation online, and i call him, then he told me how to get the herb. You can call him on +2347089275769 or email him at dronihaspell@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am jeremiah, I am testifying about a great hebal man that cured my wife of hepatitis B, and liver cirhosis. his name is Dr oniha. My wife was diagnose of hepatities two years ago, i almost spent all i had then, until i saw dr oniha recommendation online, and i call him, then he told me how to get the herb. You can also call him on +2347089275769 or email him at dronihaspell@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. FINALLY FREE FROM CANCER DISEASE.
    what a miracle i never believe there is cure because my doctor tested me cancer positive and she told me there is no cure, i’m very happy today that i’m having a free life without this CANCER virus, i can remember some months ago when i was crying all through the night and day that i can’t get cured from this CANCER, i found this herbal man called Dr adazal on internet when i was doing research on cure for shingle i contacted him to found out if i can get help from this cancer virus, i was so surprise when he told me that he have the herbs cure to it and he sent me the herbal in less down 5 days i was so happy when i get someone giving me hope that he can cured me i took the herbal for just 2 weeks, when i went for test after taking the herbal i found out that i am cured i was so happy and surprise, i want to use this opportunity to inform you that there is cured to cancer virus you can also contact him for his help as soon as possible so that you can get rid of this cancer once and for all you can reach him through this email: dr,adazalherbalcure@gmail.com or whatsApp him on +2348073688335 You can also contact him on any disease and virus in this he all have the herbal cure to it.
    1 HIV/AIDS
    2 HERPES
    3 CANCER
    4 ALS
    5 HEPATITIS
    6 DIABETES
    7 LOVE SPELL
    8 INFECTIONS
    9 HIGN BLOOD PRESSURE,.....
    THANKS TO DR adazal FOE THE GOOD WORK IN LIFE YOU ARE TRULY A BLESS.  

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am here to give my testimony about Dr Anuge who helped me.. i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by Dr Anuge, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedies on HERPES and I saw comments of people talking about how Dr anuge cured them. When I contacted him he gave me hope and sent Herbal medicine to me that I took for just 2 weeks and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as I am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that there is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from Dr Anuge healing herbal cure of all kinds of sickness you may have like
    (1) CANCER,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) CANCER,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA
    (10)SIMPLEX HERPES AND GENITAL
    (11)COLD SORE
    and mare that are not mentioned here He also cured my friend from cervical cancer. so contact him through his Email address : dranuge@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +234816466838 

    ReplyDelete

Most Visited Posts