My Warning From The Other Side About Breast Cancer

Do You Believe In Ghost or Angels? 

I believe there are times our loved ones who have passed from this Earth are able to communicate with us if they wish to.  If you want to look at them as ghost or as angels, that's up to you.  My point is, they do try to communicate with us if we choose to take notice.  I went to the doctor in August 2013 because my lump had grown and was making itself very obvious.  Prior to that, I had noticed it, but I hadn't thought much about it.  I have always had various lumps in my breast due to cyst, so I simply didn't give it much thought.  I wasn't walking around stressing or thinking much about it.  But, SOMEONE, was trying to get my attention and make me notice.  This blog is to simply acknowledge what happened and the warning I was given but didn't make sense until I looked back. 

In July 2013, I took my youngest daughter, Makya, to Savannah, GA.  I had stopped in Savannah with all three of my children in 2011 on our way to Disney World, and me and my daughter Makya had fallen in love with the historical charm of Savannah.  We are both huge history and ghost hunting buffs.  The area in general spoke to us both.  None of the others were interested in returning as they simply didn't see the charm that we saw.  Therefore, I went back with Makya so the two of us could enjoy it without feeling as if we were torturing everyone else with something they didn't have an interest in. 

Makya and I were excited to spend some time on Tybee Island beach as well as walk the streets of Savannah exploring all the historical sites in the city.  Savannah has a rich history full of stories sure to appeal to anyone with the least bit of interest in history itself.  Makya and I soaked up every story during the day.  At night, we enjoyed the ghost tours and spooky tales that were spun.  One tour we signed up for was particularly interesting to us both.  We both enjoy watching Ghost Hunters and other shows where they "ghost hunt" and attempt to communicate with those who have passed.  While we both believe there is a certain amount of story telling involved, there is also a bit of truth as well.  The Paranormal Experience we signed up for allowed guests to use ghost hunting equipment such as a voice box.  A voice box scans radio signals, eliminates the static and single words or phrases come through.  No, it's not a single person sitting in a room just talking to you through this box.  You can hear it continuously scanning stations, and the voices are not always the same voices. 

This particular tour took place in what is now a warehouse.  This ware house was the site of several homes in the late 1800's.  One home in particular belonged to a mother who lived there with her deaf daughter.  She rented the other bedroom to a woman who had previously left her husband.  It is rumored her husband was physically abusive.  I am referring to the Gribble House in Savannah, GA.  You can look up the story behind this if you like.  We were "locked in" for 4 hours in this warehouse.  Me and my daughter were the other two guests with our guide, so we were quite excited!  I paid for this tour with cash, and they were only given my first name of Teresa.  They did not want any further information. 

Upon entering the first area of the warehouse with the guide, a voice immediately came through the voice box that said "Boo".  The guide laughed and said "Boo to you too" thinking the spirit communicating with us was being cute.  My daughter and I looked at each other shocked.  I said "You don't understand.  Boo is my daughter's nickname".  The guide was shocked.  It was as if they couldn't wait to begin communicating.  Through the night, we asked various questions, but at random times through the entire night, my name kept coming through very persistent and as if they were yelling to get my attention "Teresa!".  Finally, near the end of the night, I said "Why do you keep saying my name.  Are you trying to tell me something?".  Makya was using the recorder on her phone, so some of this she has as a recording on her phone. 

The response to my question truly shook me.  The response that came back was clear.  The response was "I'm scared for you".  I asked why, but each time a response tried to come through, a strange interference would cover up what was being said.  The guide became uncomfortable, and our tour was over.  She said she felt it was time to end the tour.  It was clear to me she was scared too.  I had been having numbness in my right hand from time to time, and I thought that was the issue at hand.  I promised to go to the doctor and get it checked out.  Honestly, that is the issue that resulted in me making an appointment for myself.  I was at an appointment for my hand when my doctor asked me if there was anything else I needed while I was there, and I said "well, I do have this lump you should check out.  It's probably just another cyst....". 

When my daughter and I got back to the hotel room after the tour, we listened to the recording on her phone.  We didn't hear it in the moment, but after we heard "I'm scared for you" and I had asked why, one of the responses was "Florence".  That made no sense to me at the time.  Florence is my aunt, my mom's sister, and she was still alive.  It didn't make sense why her name would be mentioned.  It didn't even occur to me that she had breast cancer in 2008 and it might have been a reference to the disease she had fought.  I was told not long after we got back from our trip that Florence's cancer had returned in her bones and through her body.  I still didn't put it together.  My aunt lost her battle to cancer a short time later, and her funeral was the day I had my biopsy on my tumor.  I went to her viewing not thinking much about what I could be facing; but while I stood in the funeral home saying my goodbyes, I knew.  I cannot explain it, but I knew before I walked out.  Before I had a biopsy.  I didn't want to or let myself believe it, but that's the moment it hit me I may have cancer. 

Still, I didn't put hearing my aunt's name on that recording together.  Only a month or so ago while talking to my daughter did it all suddenly become very clear.  I have the exact same type of breast cancer my aunt Florence had.  Identical.  I wasn't hearing her name because she was the spirit trying to communicate.  I was hearing her name as a reference to why I needed to be scared and get my butt to the doctor.  Can you imagine the frustration that we are so dense not to understand the messages being communicated to us?  Had I not heard that while in Savannah, I likely wouldn't have made an appointment when I did.  I didn't even make it for the right reason.  Ironically, my hand doesn't go numb very much anymore.  It went numb every day and stayed numb for hours before my diagnosis.  As if that was simply a means to get me to go see a doctor because I was ignoring a lump. 

Some people do not choose to believe in this type of stuff, and that's okay.  I have had many experiences in my lifetime that tell me it's real.  This one in particular would have made a believer out of me if I wasn't before.  I can only say that sometimes, that little voice inside your head, that "gut" feeling--sometimes, those are angels trying to guide you.  Open your mind and listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Visited Posts